All I can say is, “Wow” and “Thank you so very, very much.”
This past week I received not one, but three Liebster Awards. The sentiment touched my little black heart! I am so honored that so many fellow bloggers wanted to provide me with such a kind gesture like bestowing a Liebster award onto little old me. All of you out there who follow me, read my (often silly) posts about my adventures in ballet/pointe and provide endless hours of entertainment to me by providing your stories as well, thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
The fabulous individuals that nominated me are: The Casual Rider , Biggest Girl in the Ballroom and Back to First Position. WHAT AWESOME AND INSPIRING LADIES. If you have not seen their blogs, check them out. It is worth a gander. 😉
Now, onto business. For those who I have nominated, here are your instructions!
HOW TO ACCEPT THE AWARD:
Re-posted from The Casual Rider’s blog:
“Now to the specifics of the Liebster Blog Award. This is directly from Habits to Healthy. From what I’ve learned about The Liebster Award, it’s a way to recognize blogs who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word that means beloved and valued.”
[Why “Dankeschön”! Love german talk, don’t you?!]
Here are the rules for accepting the award:
1.Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog.
2.List 11 random facts about yourself.
3.Answer the 11 questions given to you.
4.Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
5.Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate and include links to their blogs.
6.Go to each bloggers page and let them know you have nominated them.”
We Are 2Fit2 Quit
My Gluten Free Fitness Journey
The Dancer Theorem
Back 2 First Position
The Casual Rider
The Dance Immaculata
11 Random Facts About Me:
(1) I have a yorkie puppy named Sweetie Belle. I was so pumped that I got a good deal on her; who would have thought Sweetie would break her leg 1 week after I purchased her and tack on another $1,000 to her price tag! BOOOOOOOO!
(2) I am a self-proclaimed fashionista. I don’t think I would have chosen my profession if I couldn’t dress cute on a daily basis. Quite frankly, it is one of the many perks of the job.
(3) I have long black hair. It is mermaid long at this point. In the winter when I am all pasty, I resemble Elvira Mistress of the Dark. [Pleasant dreams…Muhahhahahaa]
(4) My current lunch to make is two eggs over easy, on top of a bag of microwave veggie rice, three turkey sausage links with lots and lots of hot sauce. *Drool.
(5) When I was little, I hated that my birthday was in September because my dad would get me a cake with autumn leaves on it. “I don’t like orange leaves daddy! I want purple flowers!”
(6) I have an old cat that lives in the basement; his name is “Butters”. He is really fat and full of fur. Recently, he got diarrhea and pooped all over himself and I had to bathe the old bastard in the tub. Splish Splash Butters Takin’ a (POOPY) Bath!
(7) My husband said that I can start saving up for a boob job. Not bigger, necessarily; try “perky”. Two kids and a year of breastfeeding did a hell of a job on these whoo-has!
(8) Sometimes I wish I could get a large tattoo. I am not a large tattoo person. I would look silly.
(9) People at my job expect me to wear freakishly high heals. When I don’t, people say, “Hey! Did you shrink 5 inches?!”
(10) I don’t wear earrings. They bother my sensitive little earlobe!
(11) I LOVE WEARING BRIGHT COLORED LIPSTICK! I always say, “Lipstick are the shoes of the face.” I know that may not make sense to you, but it makes perfect sense to me!
Answer Questions Given to Me:
Since there were 3 sets proposed, I had to choose. The lucky winner is The Casual Rider, so here it goes:
(1) ME?! Foreign language? I wish. If I could speak a language, it would be German.
(2) Yes, I adopted a Greyhound rescue. Sadly, he could not stop destroying my house, so after 6 months, I returned him to the rescue group. Luckily – he was placed in a new home in one week! He is a happy dog now and that makes me happy.
(3) I started crocheting last year. I crocheted a ton of stuff for Christmas the last couple of years. Ballet keeps me so busy, I don’t have time to devote to it right now!
(4) That’s tough – my favorite junk food is Buffalo Chicken Dip……….DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.
(5) I am a total EXTROVERT. I wish I was more introverted. I am pretty sure people don’t always want to hear my stories or jokes all of the time!
(6) I watch so many movies, it truly is sick. I think I watched Dune. It’s an 80’s science fiction movie. Love it!
(7) I wish I could say I am currently reading, but I am not 😦 . Basically, my job is reading. I am currently chest deep in a big lawsuit which entails a lot of legal writing and research, so yeah. No reading outside of work for me! Except of blogging, of course!
(8) I blog because I want to help others. I was terrified to start ballet; I felt so alone. I looked everywhere on the internet, but only found a couple of websites that spoke of adults starting ballet after 20. So I thought to myself, “Hell, why not start a blog myself?” I want to be that much-needed resource to any adult who is interested in taking ballet and need a little support and comradery.
(9) Just one – the good ol’ US of A!
(10) See answer to Question #7.
(11) Yes – I read blogs about fitness and self improvement. Fun and motivating.
11 Questions for the nominees are:
(1) Favorite movie
(2) Describe your most embarrassing moment
(3) What is your DREAM pet (be creative people!)
(4) If you could choose another occupation (and not worry about school or brains or yadda yadda yadda), what would you be?
(5) Name the super power you have. (Yes, you have a super power. Think….)
(6) If you could look like anyone, who would it be????
(7) Name your favorite (current or past) Boy Band. (The men I nominated has to answer this question too!)
(8) Favorite color and what does it remind you of?
(9) Would you ever shave your head for a good cause?
(10) How many jacket do you own?
(11) Clear your mind….Now tell me what is the first word that pops into your mind.
There you go!!
Sorry about the long post. Clearly, it wasn’t my fault.